The Raid 2 (Indonesian: The Raid 2: Berandal, lit. ‘thug’; Japanese: ザ・レイド Gokudo, lit. ‘gangster’) is a 2014 Indonesian action crime film written, directed, and edited by the Welsh filmmaker Gareth Evans. It is the sequel to the 2011 film The Raid and stars Iko Uwais, Arifin Putra, Oka Antara, Tio Pakusadewo, Alex Abbad, Julie Estelle, Ryuhei Matsuda, Kenichi Endō, and Kazuki Kitamura. The film was released in the United States and Canada by Sony Pictures Classics on 28 March 2014.
The Raid 2 In the story, special forces officer Rama is sent undercover to expose the corrupt police officials colluding with the crime families of Jakarta‘s criminal underworld. Like Evans’ previous films Merantau and The Raid, the fight scenes showcase the Indonesian fighting style of Pencak Silat.
After fighting his way through an apartment building populated by an army of dangerous criminals and escaping with his life, SWAT team member Rama goes undercover, joining a powerful Indonesian crime syndicate to protect his family and uncover corrupt members of his own force.
- Iko Uwais as Rama/Yuda, one of the three surviving police officers of the first film’s eponymous raid, and a special forces member turned undercover agent. His alias “Yuda” is a reference to Uwais’ character in his debut film Merantau.
- Cok Simbara as Bunawar, the head of the internal investigation unit who recruits Rama to oust police–mob collusion.
- Arifin Putra as Uco, a nefarious mobster who is the impatient son and heir to Bangun.
- Tio Pakusadewo as Bangun, a notorious kingpin who is one of the two mob bosses in control of Jakarta‘s underworld.
- Oka Antara as Eka, Bangun’s consigliere who holds a secret of his own.
- Yayan Ruhian as Prakoso, Bangun’s most loyal and dedicated hitman.
- Alex Abbad as Bejo, a self-made Jakarta crime boss who considers himself very ambitious.
- Cecep Arif Rahman as “The Assassin”, Bejo’s top enforcer who uses the karambit as his signature weapon.
- Julie Estelle as Alicia/”Hammer Girl”, a merciless assassin who uses claw hammers as her signature weapon. She is deaf, and later revealed to be missing an eye, the reason she wears sunglasses at all times.
- Very Tri Yulisman as “Baseball Bat Man”, Alicia’s brother and one of Bejo’s top three hitmen.
- Kenichi Endō as Hideaki Goto (Nihongo: 後藤英明, Gotō Hideaki), founder and head (oyabun/kumicho) of the Goto family, a powerful Yakuza family from Japan and one of the two mob bosses in control of Jakarta’s underworld.
- Ryuhei Matsuda as Keiichi Goto (Nihongo: 後藤圭一, Gotō Keiichi), Goto’s son and heir.
- Kazuki Kitamura as Ryuichi (Nihongo: 龍一, Ryūichi), Goto’s lieutenant and interpreter.
- Roy Marten as Reza, a corrupt high-ranking police official affiliated with the Gotos but who Bejo wants to buy out in his plans for expansion.
- Epy Kusnandar as Topan, operator of an illegal “porn den” in Bangun’s territory, who receives a visit when word gets out he’s expanded into the drug business.
- Zack Lee as Benny, an associate of Uco in prison who betrays his trust.
- Donny Alamsyah as Andi, Rama’s gangster brother who is executed by Bejo.
- Tegar Satrya as Bowo, Rama’s colleague and one of three surviving officers of the first film’s eponymous raid.
- Alain O. as Wahyu, the corrupt lieutenant and one of three surviving officers of the first film’s eponymous raid.
- Marsha Timothy as Dwi, Prakoso’s estranged wife.
Bollywood Movies | Hollywood Movies | Request