Mean Girls is a 2004 American teen comedy film directed by Mark Waters, and written by Tina Fey. The film stars Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Tim Meadows, Ana Gasteyer, Amy Poehler and Fey. It is partially based on Rosalind Wiseman‘s 2002 non-fiction self-help book, Queen Bees and Wannabes, which describes female high school social cliques and the damaging effects they can have on girls. Fey also drew from her own experience at Upper Darby High School as an inspiration for some of the concepts in the film. The film introduced Amanda Seyfried in her film debut.
Saturday Night Live creator Lorne Michaels produced the film. Tina Fey, screenwriter and co-star of the film, was a long-term cast member and writer for SNL. Although set in Evanston, Illinois (a Chicago suburb), the film was mostly shot in Toronto, Canada. Filming took place from September to November of 2003. The film marks Lohan’s second collaboration with director Waters, the first being Freaky Friday, released a year earlier.
Released on April 30, 2004, the film grossed $129 million worldwide and developed a cult following. The made-for-television sequel Mean Girls 2 premiered on ABC Family on January 23, 2011. A musical adaptation premiered on Broadway in March 2018.
Cady Heron is a hit with The Plastics, the A-list girl clique at her new school, until she makes the mistake of falling for Aaron Samuels, the ex-boyfriend of alpha Plastic Regina George.
- Lindsay Lohan as Cady Heron, a 16-year-old girl who transfers to a public high school after being homeschooled her whole life in Africa.
- Jessie Wright as 5-year-old Cady.
- Rachel McAdams as Regina George, a rich popular teenager. Regina is Janis’s ex-best friend and the leader of The Plastics.
- Lacey Chabert as Gretchen Wieners, a member of the Plastics who only wants Regina’s acceptance.
- Amanda Seyfried as Karen Smith, the airhead best friend of Regina and Gretchen.
- Lizzy Caplan as Janis Ian, a goth artistic girl who befriends Cady and hatches a plan to take down Regina. Janis is Damian’s best friend and Regina’s ex-best friend.
- Daniel Franzese as Damian Leigh, Janis and Cady’s gay best friend who is flamboyant and musical.
- Jonathan Bennett as Aaron Samuels, Regina’s ex-boyfriend, and Cady’s love interest.
- Rajiv Surendra as Kevin Gnapoor, the “hormonal Mathletes president” who is attracted to Janis.
- Tina Fey as Ms. Sharon Norbury, the school calculus teacher.
- Tim Meadows as Principal Ron Duvall.
- Amy Poehler as June George, Regina and Kylie’s irresponsible mother.
- Ana Gasteyer as Betsy Heron, Cady’s mom.
- Neil Flynn as Chip Heron, Cady’s dad.
- Daniel DeSanto as Jason, Gretchen’s unfaithful boyfriend.
- Diego Klattenhoff as Shane Oman, a football player who has an on-and-off relationship with Regina.
- Alisha Morrison as Lea Edwards
- Julia Chantrey as Amber D’Alessio
- Dwayne Hill as Coach Carr
- Jonathan Malen as Kristen Hadley’s boyfriend
Bollywood Movies | Hollywood Movies | Request