Identity is a 2003 American psychological slasher film directed by James Mangold from a screenplay by Michael Cooney. The film stars John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Amanda Peet, Alfred Molina, Clea DuVall and Rebecca De Mornay.
Identity While the plot is not a direct adaptation of Agatha Christie‘s 1939 whodunit And Then There Were None (which was adapted for feature films in 1945, 1965, 1974, 1987 and 1989), the story draws from the structure of the novel. Ten strangers arrive at an isolated hotel, become temporarily cut off from the rest of the world, and are mysteriously killed off one by one. Several events which take place in the hours before the characters’ arrival are introduced at key moments in the film using reverse chronology structure.
Complete strangers stranded at a remote desert motel during a raging storm soon find themselves the target of a deranged murderer. As their numbers thin out, the travelers begin to turn on each other, as each tries to figure out who the killer is.
- John Cusack as Edward “Ed” Dakota, a limousine driver and a former Los Angeles police officer.
- Ray Liotta as Samuel Rhodes, an escaped convict masquerading as the correctional officer who was transporting him and Maine
- Amanda Peet as Paris Nevada, a prostitute leaving Las Vegas to buy a citrus grove in Florida
- John Hawkes as Larry Washington, the motel manager
- Clea DuVall as Ginny Virginia, a superstitious newlywed
- William Lee Scott as Lou Isiana, Ginny’s husband
- Rebecca De Mornay as Caroline Suzanne, an ’80s Hollywood TV actress chauffeured by Ed
- Leila Kenzle as Alice York, a wife and mother who is injured in a car accident
- John C. McGinley as George York, Alice’s husband and Timmy’s stepfather
- Bret Loehr as Timothy “Timmy” York, Alice’s son and George’s stepson
- Jake Busey as Robert Maine, Rhodes’ fellow inmate still in his prison jumpsuit
- Pruitt Taylor Vince as Malcolm Rivers, a convicted mass murderer
- Alfred Molina as Dr. Malick, Rivers’ psychiatrist
- Holmes Osborne as Judge Taylor
- Frederick Coffin as Detective Varole
- Carmen Argenziano as Defense Lawyer and Attorney
- Matt Letscher as Assistant District Attorney
- Marshall Bell as District Attorney
Bollywood Movies | Hollywood Movies | Request