Dracula Untold is a 2014 American dark fantasy action–horror film directed by Gary Shore in his feature film debut and written by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless. A reboot of the Dracula film series, the plot creates an origin story for the titular character, rather than using the story-line of Bram Stoker‘s 1897 novel. In this adaptation, Dracula is the monster alter ego of historical figure Vlad III “the Impaler” Drăculea. Luke Evans portrays the title character, with Sarah Gadon, Dominic Cooper, Art Parkinson, and Charles Dance cast in supporting roles. Principal photography began in Northern Ireland on August 5, 2013.
Universal Pictures released the film in regular and IMAX cinemas on October 10, 2014. Dracula Untold grossed $217 million worldwide and received mixed reviews from critics, with many criticizing its story, inconsistent tone, and characters, but praising its performances and visual effects.
Dracula Untold (Cast)
- Luke Evans as Vlad III “the Impaler” Drăculea / Dracula: Known as the Son of the Dragon, Vlad is a prince and war hero, who becomes a monster known as a vampire to protect and defend his family.
- Dominic Cooper as Sultan Mehmed II
- Sarah Gadon as Mirena, Vlad’s wife
- Gadon also portrays Mina Harker, as a part of the present-day ending
- Art Parkinson as Îngeraș, son of Vlad and Mirena
- Charles Dance as Master Vampire / Caligula, the evil ancient vampire from the days of the Roman Empire who gives Vlad his vampiric nature and powers
- William Houston as Cazan, Vlad’s advisor
- Diarmaid Murtagh as Dumitru, one of Vlad’s men
- Noah Huntley as Captain Petru, one of Vlad’s men
- Paul Kaye as Brother Lucian, a monk
- Zach McGowan as Shkelgim, a mysterious Romani
- Ferdinand Kingsley as Hamza Bey, one of Mehmed’s generals
- Joseph Long as Turahanoğlu Ömer Bey, one of Mehmed’s generals
- Thor Kristjansson as Bright Eyes, an assassin in the Ottoman Army
Bollywood Movies | Hollywood Movies | Request